St. Declan's Way
St. Declan's Way 3 night stay
Come and experience Irelands Newest and Oldest Pilgrim Path!
St. Declan's Way said to be the path St. Declan took to meet St. Patrick in Cashel in the fifth century. In turn, it is the way that Pilgrims have taken to visit Saint Declan's monastery, holy-well and grave in Ardmore for the past one and a half thousand years.
Newly sign posted and approved by Sport Ireland in July of 2021.
We provide self-catering accommodation for up to 18 people in a nine-bedroom (all en-suite) property just outside of Dungarvan, Co Waterford.
The 115km pilgrim walking route can be done over five days or if you have less time we can do a three day Waterford only package to suit your group.
Welcome pack on arrival
- Barron's Bread/Brack
- McGrath's Jam
There is the option of using your own transport and car pooling at the start and end points of the walk or hiring a bus to transport the group to the start point each morning and collect each evening.
- Cashel to Cahir | 20km
- Cahir to Goatenbridge | 20km
- Goatenbridge to Lismore | 24km
- Lismore to Aglish | 21km
- Aglish to Ardmore | 20km
- 3 nights self catering - €1500
- AM - Friday - Ardmore to Aglish - 20km
- PM - Arrive Seaview - Pilgrim menu and live music and storytelling available at The Marine Bar ( must be booked in advance ) Phone Eoghan on 083 845 0338, 600 meter walk from Seaview.
- AM - Saturday - Aglish to Lismore - 21km
- PM - Seaview - An Seanachai Pub and Kitchen (contact 058 70957) - Home delivery or eat in, a 300 meter walk from Seaview
- AM - Sunday - Lismore To Goatenbridge 24km
- PM - Seaview - Evening meal at one of the many restaurants in Dungarvan town or visit The Marine Bar again for some traditional music and stories. www.dungarvantourism.com
- 5/7 nights self catering - available at €400 per night
We can arrange catering in house if required for evening meals, packed lunches can be provided if ordered in advance.
Also available for booking
- A visit to Lismore and a guided tour of a 7 km section where you will learn the history of St. Declan and hear of his birthplace. www.discoverlismore.com
- A guide can be available at the round tour in Ardmore to give information on St. Declan.
Fahey's Coach Hire, Dungarvan
Mobile: 087 255 2273
Hallahan's Coach and Bus Hire
Tel: 058 54065
Bumster Coach Hire
Mobile: 087 7995632
Tel: 058 47444